For your loved one suffering from Alzheimer’s or certain types of dementia, Pine Village provides specialized care in the secure environment of the special care neighborhood called Meadowbrook. The neighborhood offers 14 private rooms that each have a half-bath. There also is a living room, kitchen, gathering room and outdoor courtyard for residents and their family or friends to enjoy.
Behavior-Based Ergonomics Therapies (BBET)
Pine Village has recently incorporated the innovative, non-medication program of BBET in Meadowbrook. BBET is designed to manage and reduce behaviors associated with Alzheimer’s and dementia. The comforting and stimulating therapies are not group exercises; they are developed per each individual’s needs and interests. The therapies have resulted in a reduction of resident falls and decrease in the use of psychotropic medications.
Pine Village is the first and only facility in Kansas to have the BBET program, which was developed by Dr. Govind Bharwani, a professor at Wright State University (Dayton, OH) and his daughter, Meena Bharwani, a healthcare consultant. The program received two national awards in 2011.
Since the BBET program began, my mom seems happier and more content, which has resulted in more meaningful visits.
- Secure environment
- Private, comfortable rooms with half-baths
- Activity/living room for social interaction with residents, visitors and family
- Kitchen and dining room
- Central bath
- Skilled rehabilitation by physical, occupational, and speech therapies
- Nutritional and social needs of each individual resident met by providing three nutritious meals a day in a variety of combinations that are appetizing, flavorful and meet residents’ dietary requirements
- Secure outdoor area to enjoy
- 24-hour nursing care
- State-of-the-art electronic monitoring system with emergency call, door and fire alarms, and video monitoring system
- Activity focused environment
- Campus beauty/barber shop
- Campus Fishing Pond
- Wellness Center Membership
- Campus Chapel
Alzheimer’s Association – www.alz.org
Alzheimer’s Association – Central and Western Kansas
24/7 Helpline: 1.800.272.3900
Central and Western Kansas Office
1820 E. Douglas Ave.
Wichita, KS 67214
(316) 267-7333 or toll-free (800) 272-3900
Fax (316) 267-6369
Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Pine Village hosts a monthly Caregivers Support Group – check out the calendar for dates and times.